For birthday brunch: vegan pancakes, berries galore, and some quintessential maple syrup to quell homesickness.
Not sure where the recipe came from, but here’s what we concocted. They’re a bit meatier than your typical dollar pancakes, but don’t be wary—it helps stave off that I-just-ate-ten-pancakes-and-I’m-hungrier-now-than-I-was-before feeling.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup soy milk (or almond milk!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- we also added mashed bananas and chopped walnuts for extra fun and flavour!
- Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients in another.
- Combine two ingredient bowls together. Don’t overdo the mixin’!
- Heat up a pan with some coconut oil, ladle batter into desired size of droplets, and flip when bubbles appear
- IF you have any leftovers (you shouldn’t!), store and CLEARLY LABEL the container in the fridge. This will help to prevent your family/roommates from thinking it might be almond butter and trying to eat it on crackers.
Next, Follow panCakes with CupCake Birthday cake!
And finish it all off with a ninja kick. Bam!